Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Windows Live Essentials Wave 4 Public Beta Tomorrow (6/24)

If you haven’t heard yet, Microsoft announced earlier today that they would be releasing the public beta of Windows Live Essentials Wave 4. If this doesn’t make you excited, I don’t know what will.

 

WLE Wave 4 will offer an abundant array of new features, primarily a new Ribbon interface (which is long overdue, as is the update). The Ribbon UI, of course, has been implemented in many other Microsoft products, such as Office 2007 and 2010, and several Windows 7 applications. If you’re eager to try out the public beta, the official link is http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta. It’s not a live link yet, so you’ll get a HTTP 404 error if you try going there now. However, come tomorrow (hopefully midnight EST), the link will be live.

 

But that’s not all. Microsoft has already notified us of several updates to its Live Messenger program/service and has already started rolling out Hotmail updates to several users (all Hotmail users will be updated to the new service by the end of this summer). Windows Live Writer (one of my more favorite applications) is slated to have an improved spell checker, which, I might add, would be much appreciated. Grammar check would also be a nice addition too, but I don’t think we’ll see that in this update.

 

Hopefully, you’re just as excited about this release as I am. I know I’ll be waiting impatiently for the download to be ready and I’ll let everyone know when I download it via Twitter. I’ll also post a brief look at the new features/functionality along with plenty of screenshots, and an in-depth review sometime later this week or next. For now, you can, of course, try out the WLE Wave 4 Beta for yourself starting tomorrow (6/24/10) for yourself … until tomorrow, best of luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment