Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Windows Live Update requires shutting down 25 programs?

Really? I went to update my Windows Live Essentials Suite and as is usual it required me to close down IE8 and Outlook. Okay, no problem, but wait, that wasn’t it. For some bizarre reason it required me to close down 22 other programs before the install could continue. Here’s a list of the programs:

 

Windows Live Messenger

Windows Live Communications Platform

Bing Bar

dllhost.exe

Mesh Operating Environment

Google Chrome

TweetDeck

Microsoft Outlook

WLIDSVCM.EXE

Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant

Windows Audio

IP Helper

Network Store Interface Service

HomeGroup Provider

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness

Network Connections

Computer Browser

Workstation

DNS Client

WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service

DHCP Client

Cryptographic Services

Live Mesh Remote Desktop

 

Here’s a couple screenshots to verify:

 

wle-02

 

programs-01

 

programs-02

 

programs-03 

 

 

This may, of course, just be a bug, but it continued to do so after I restarted the installation file…hmm. I’ll look more into this as I find out more information. If this is happening to you, please let me know in the comments section. Letting me know what version of Windows you’re using and other system information would be appreciated. Thus far, this is currently happening with my laptop, a ThinkPad T61, running a fairly new install of Windows 7.

 

Oh, and then, of course, I had to restart Windows…grr…

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment