Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Don’t Forget: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Also Launches Today

With all the hoopla going around about Microsoft KIN, it seems many people forgot about another product being released today: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. If you are an MSDN subscriber, feel free to take advantage of downloading it for free. Plus, if you’re a student, you can also obtain Visual Studio 2010 via DreamSpark (for free!), thanks goes out to Paul Thurrott on this one (and Davor P. who tipped him off to it.)

 

I’ve been using Visual Studio 2010 since the initial public beta and have been very impressed with it. Programming just seems so much easier and more fluid with 2010. However, if you remember the good ole days of GWBASIC, then you may not be so happy about an easier programming interface … although I think most of us will enjoy the nice update. I may or may not place some type of review of Visual Studio 2010 on this site. It really depends upon my time schedule and whether I think it’s truly that important to review. After-all, it is just a developer program, right? :)

 

I’m currently downloading it from DreamSpark, as I’m one of those college students. If you don’t have MSDN or don’t qualify for DreamSpark (not sure if MSDNAA has it yet or not, but they should soon, I’ll check later on that), you can always download Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition. (Also, thanks goes to Paul Thurrott and David S. on this one as well.)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment